Skip to content

Nord Precious Metals Signs LOI for High-Grade Gold Properties in Sweden

Nord Precious Metals Mining Inc. (TSXV: NTH) (OTCQB: CCWOF) (Frankfurt: 4T9B) has announced the signing of a Letter of Intent (LOI) to purchase 80% of two exploration permits in Sweden. This agreement includes an option to purchase the remaining 20% after successfully completing the option terms.

Finnsbo Property Highlights

A recent grab sample at Finnsbo, showing gadolinite mineralization with gold-bearing chalcopyrite, returned 27.1 grams per tonne of gold, 1.44% copper, and 5.3% TREOY. The 586.8-hectare property is located in Uppsala County, Sweden, with road access and nearby infrastructure. While grab samples are selective and not indicative of the entire property, future controlled sampling will be conducted.

Norrby Property Highlights

Seventeen grab samples from the Norrby property had average assay results of 3.55 grams per tonne of gold, ranging from 1.1 to 12.1 grams per tonne. This 365.4-hectare property, also in Uppsala County, Sweden, has road access and nearby infrastructure. Similar to Finnsbo, grab samples are selective and will require future controlled sampling.

Exploration Potential

Matthew Halliday, P.Geo, President of Nord Precious Metals, expressed excitement about the potential of these properties, citing the significant gold, copper, and REE findings. Halliday emphasized the demand for new copper sources and the promise of gold-fueled exploration could open new avenues for copper and REE supply.

Geological Overview

The Finnsbo and Norrsby properties feature a sequence of felsic to intermediate pyroclastic units interspersed with arenite and dolomitic to limestone horizons. This Palaeo-Proterozoic sequence is moderately metamorphosed and intruded by mafic dykes, with polyphase structural zones conducting mineralizing fluids up and away from mafic roots. These highly exotic mineralizing fluids contain anomalous amounts of Au, Cu, REE, Be, Re, Co, Mn, In, and Zn.

Terms of the Option Agreement

Under the terms of the LOI, Nord Precious Metals will:
– Make a cash payment of USD 100,000 upon TSX Venture Exchange approval of the Definitive Agreement.
– Incur USD 170,000 in exploration expenditures on the properties within one year to earn an 80% interest.
– Fund studies for bulk sampling permits.
– After exercising the option, grant the Optionor a 1.5% NSR with a USD 500,000 buyback on 1% of the NSR.
– Purchase the additional 20% interest for USD 300,000 in cash.

Qualified Person

The technical information in this news release was approved and prepared under the supervision of Mr. Matthew Halliday, P.Geo., (PGO), President and COO of Nord Precious Metals, a qualified person according to National Instrument 43-101.

About Nord Precious Metals Mining Inc.

Nord Precious Metals Mining Inc. recently discovered a significant high-grade silver vein system at Castle East, Ontario. The company also holds 14 battery metals properties in Northern Quebec and the St. Denis-Sangster lithium project in Ontario. The flagship Castle mine offers exploration upside for silver, cobalt, nickel, gold, and copper.

Frank J. Basa
Chief Executive Officer
Wayne Cheveldayoff
Corporate Communications

The content presented on this page has not been manually verified by our team. While we strive to ensure accuracy, we cannot guarantee the validity, completeness, or timeliness of the information provided. Always consult with appropriate professionals or sources before making any decisions based on this content.

The image is randomly selected and doesn’t necessarily represent the company or the news below.

Click here for more Company News